We spent July 4th in Cody Wyoming
and then left for Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks so we did not have internet to blog. This first picture was of the group that stopped to look at a bear,
we never saw the bear so could not take a picture. None of the people here saw the bear either but a big crowd was gathered pointing at what they thought was a bear. LOL
We saw all the sights and the geysers, even Old Faithful, who
wasn't so faithful unless you wanted to hang around for a
couple of hours.
We got up early and drove so that we would miss the traffic, have a
better chance of seeing wildlife and take those early morning
hikes John likes so much. We stopped at a picnic area for
breakfast and a Big Bison wandered through and right up to
the motorhome, they are rather large animals, I kept my
seatbelt on!
John dropped me off so that I could ride my bike on this trail and he would pick me up in this Geyser parking lot, just like the map showed. When I got to the parking lot I found that motorhomes were not allowed there and that I had only gone a few miles and not the 6 that showed on the map. Of course the cell phones didn't work and it was getting late, I braved the main rode and found the motorhome, yeah! the good news is on the ride I saw a Bison very close
up, too close and an eagle in a tree, then another
eagle came up to the tree and they both flew off
together. I say it was an eagle, John says no....
what do you think?

We've been to Yellowstone a few times and right off we noted you don't need to spot any animals -- just spot the crowds and THEN look for the animals. Of course you can get pranksters (um.... like me) who just stop by the side of the road and look and point and look at NOTHING, just to see how many people will stop and join you.
ReplyDeleteIt could have easily been an eagle. We stayed in West Yellowstone and every day into the park and back out again, we would pass an eagle's nest where a ranger would make sure no one stopped. I guess stopping, looking, and pointing kind of bothers the eagles, so the park rangers attempt to keep folks from doing just that.